'I am not married to a tree' - Aishwarya Rai Bachan

Aishwarya Bachchan talks about life after marriage for the first time

You took a major decision in your life some time back. Now tell us about your life, post-marriage.

Yes, I took a very important step in life and I’m very, very glad about it. I feel blessed, I think it’s wonderful to be married to your best friend. There is immense love and respect. I have the most wonderful father-in-law and mother-in-law, who treat me like their daughter.

And what kind of a husband is Abhishek?

Arre, if I start on that, we’ll have to get onto an autobiography.... In short, I’m in a happy place.

Now will you be doing more films with Abhishek?

It’s a good thing if we get to work together. Time is precious and we actors always have hectic schedules. Abhishek and I have done many films together in the past and he has been a wonderful co-star. As a colleague , it was always fun to work with him. It will be great to work with my husband as we will get to spend more time with each other.

There were many controversies surrounding the Bachchans these days. Probably many people from the industry wanted to get invited to the wedding, but weren’t ...

We regard our wedding as a very personal experience. The truth is that dadima (Teji Bachchan) is in the hospital. Given the circumstances, obviously we didn’t want an ostentatious wedding. Amitji had very clearly said this and we as children support and respect him for that. Even the relatives invited were limited. But we know that we have the good wishes of the people and we are thankful for it. As far as misunderstandings are concerned it is really unfortunate that too many assumptions were made, there were many false rumours and lose talk. Perhaps we will feel the need to clarify some things some time. For instance, I’m married to Abhishek, not to a tree.

Ram Gopal Varma’s Sarkar 2 will be the first film in which we’ll see you, Mr Bachchan and Abhishek together for the first time. There is already a lot of curiosity surrounding the film.

As a viewer, I enjoyed Sarkar. Ramu’s films are real, there’s a lot of detailing in them. He always attempts , explores and experiments different things and is never worried whether it will work at the box-office or not. I’ve always wanted to work with him. Now I am getting this opportunity with Sarkar 2 and I’m really excited.

Is there any strategy that you will now follow?

Right now, I am going with the flow, so my strategy remains the same, there is no change postmarriage . In future, obviously, there will be children, and then, I will plan my time accordingly. I will continue working.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bhima's son Gadotkach like skeleton found

Chris Benoit and his family were found dead in their home

Biranchi Moharana Slapped Greg Chappel